For those that don't know, at the beginning of October my dad had a stroke. He is having to learn to walk all over again. As he goes through therapy he is in a nursing home and they are taking great care of him.
It was different having Thanksgiving at the nursing home but the most important part of it was spending it with family. We used the Therapy room to spend Thanksgiving day together. It was nice to have a place for just the family. We brought in a tv to watch football(can't have Thanksgiving without football) and also watched "White Christmas". We enjoyed our Thanksgiving together.
As I was home I was reminded again of how lucky I was to grow up in the small town of Kingsburg and for the wonderful parents I have and the impact they have on my life as well as the many people they have come in contact with. I am truly blessed.

2 comments:
I hadn't heard about your Dad. Please send he and your mother my best. Your parents and family are the center of some of my best childhood memories.
Sorry about your Dad, but I'm glad that he is improving and doing well.
Post a Comment