With it getting colder I like to make more soups. There was a taco soup recipe I use to make for my family. One day I decided to try a different recipe which I found in a recipe book for crockpots. My family loves this recipe better. (It is amazing how cheese makes everything taste so much better.)
The recipe book I got it from is "Fix-Tt and Forget-It Cookbook" (I love this book).
Here is the recipe.
Santa Fe Soup with Melted Cheese
Makes 8 servings
1 lb. Velveeta Cheese, cubed
1 lb ground beef, browned & drained
15 ¼ - oz. can corn, undrained
15 – oz can kidney beans, undrained
14 ½ - oz. can diced tomatoes with green chilies
14 ½ - oz can stewed tomatoes
2 Tbsp dry taco seasoning
Corn chips or soft tortillas
1. Combine all ingredients except chips or tortillas in slow cooker.
2. Cover. Cook on High 3 hours.
3. Serve with corn chips as a side or dip soft tortillas in individual servings in soup bowls.
The recipe book I got it from is "Fix-Tt and Forget-It Cookbook" (I love this book).
Here is the recipe.
Santa Fe Soup with Melted Cheese
Makes 8 servings
1 lb. Velveeta Cheese, cubed
1 lb ground beef, browned & drained
15 ¼ - oz. can corn, undrained
15 – oz can kidney beans, undrained
14 ½ - oz. can diced tomatoes with green chilies
14 ½ - oz can stewed tomatoes
2 Tbsp dry taco seasoning
Corn chips or soft tortillas
1. Combine all ingredients except chips or tortillas in slow cooker.
2. Cover. Cook on High 3 hours.
3. Serve with corn chips as a side or dip soft tortillas in individual servings in soup bowls.
If you make it let me know what your family thinks of it.

3 comments:
Yummy! I want to try it.
Not just cheese--Velveeta! No wonder it is so yummy! I'll be trying this one out too.
O.K. I tried it and it was AWESOME!! A few of the kids thought it was a bit spicy, but I thought it was great!
Post a Comment