Thursday, September 18, 2008

Canning Salsa

Last Saturday my sister-in-law, Tami and I were able to get a good amount of tomatoes so we decided to can homemade salsa. I have only done canned a few times in my life and I have been wanting to learn more about canning so I was very excited for the experience. It started off being just the two of us but after awhile became a family affair. We were grateful for the extra hands. It was fun and the salsa tasted really good. This week I think we will be canning Utah Peaches. YUM!!! I will keep you updated. I love learning new things.



1 comment:

Renae said...

Good job Steph!!
I love homemade canned salsa. You'll have to share the recipe if it isn't a secret and we'll try it out. I'm always on the lookout for another yummy salsa to try.

Have fun with the peaches. I've already done mine and the pears too. Now it's on to tomatoes, and soups.