
In the last few days I have thought a lot about our beloved leader and prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley, as I am sure others have as well. What an amazing man! What a legacy he left behind, not only for his family but for the members of the church and the world. He lived a long life but accomplished more than what most people do in one (shorter) lifetime. He will be truly missed but I am glad to know that he has been reunited with his sweetheart. I am so grateful for the counsel he has offered. One of the talks he gave he gives us this invitation:
"We are all in this together, all of us, and we have a great work to do.
Every teacher can be a better teacher than he or she is today.
Every officer can be a better officer than he or she is today.
Every father can be a better father.
Every mother can be a better mother.
Every husband can be a better husband, every wife a better wife,
every child a better child.
We are on the road that leads to immortality and eternal life
and today is a part of it.
Let us never forget it."
I hope we can always remember his counsel and his optimism about life. I know I am going to work on it.

1 comment:
He was such an example to me too. Thanks for your thoughts on him, his life and his counsel. Love you!
Post a Comment