Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A hard day for D but harder for Mom




Last Wednesday D had to go in for surgery. It was an outpatient procedure, about an hour long. He had surgery for a hernia in his groin area and also for his belly button. The surgery went very well. I had a hard time when they took him away and was sure glad my DH was there for support. After the surgery, when we went back to post-op they had him propped up in bed. He was sleeping and his hands were folded like he was praying. He looked so sweet and innocent. As he woke up he looked at us and then turned away. Then I tried to have him look at G & I but he refused. I told G that D was mad at us because we brought him here and he was in pain. By that night he was up and moving around even though his belly was sore.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

So sad! Glad the surgery went well and he is feeling better.

And seriously, so cute in that little gown. :)

Renae said...

Not fun to send your "babies" off to surgery. It was not all that fun when my Chad had tubes put in his ears. He came out of anestesia completely livid. Glad that it went better for your little guy.